Colorado Revised Statutes, 22-44-304
(commencing July 1, 2020)
- District Adopted Budget - Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior years)
- District Financial Audit (Current and Prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Financial Data File for 19-20 (current and prior two years FY17-18 and FY18-19)
- List of Waivers Received by Fremont School District RE-1
- Standardized Description and Rational for Each Automatic Waiver
- Federal Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PDF and any associated schedules
- Plan for Distributing Additional Mill Levy Revenue or Statement of Intent to Distribute
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
Canon City Schools (School District Fremont Re-1) serves over 3600 students in kindergarten through twelfth grades and employs roughly 500 teachers, education support professionals and administrators. Cañon City Schools has three K-5 elementary schools, one K-8 exploratory school, one K-8 school, one 6-8 middle school, one 9-12 high school and one K-8 charter school.
Canon City Schools strives to provide open and honest communications with its many community stakeholders. In order to meet the requirements of The Public School Financial Transparency Act, we have posted required financial and other related information under the Financial Transparency link on the district’s website located at www.canoncityschools.org.
During fiscal year 2020 (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020), Cañon City Schools spent approximately $8075 in General Fund monies to educate each of its students. General Fund expenditures were $30,728,735. Salaries and benefits for instructional, support and all other staff accounted for the majority of expenditures – approximately 80%.
Canon City Schools receives revenues from local, state and federal sources. Local Property and specific ownership taxes account for 28% of revenues. State equalization provides the largest portion of revenues-apporximately 61%. The remaining 11% of revenues come from other local, state and federal sources.
Canon City Schools is one of the lowest funded school districts in the State of Colorado on a per pupil funding basis. This status as a ‘floor funded’ district continues to be a major challenge in educating our students.
Canon City Schools continues to follow conservative operating, budgeting and investing practices utilizing its available resources in an effort to provide the best possible education to its students.
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
Leslie F. "Buddy" Lambrecht
Director of Business Services
Payroll & Accounting Manager
Fremont Re-1 Schools
101 N. 14th Street
Canon City, CO 81212